When you think of kei-cars, the first thing that comes to mind is low horsepower, good gas mileage, and a nice all around daily commuter.
Kentaro bought and built this Mira strictly for “FF-Drifting” competitions. It originally came stock with the standard EF-SE 660cc which produces about 50ps. He swapped that for a K3-VE2 which is also 660cc but DOHC and has DVVT (Daihatsu Valve Variable Timing). The K3 produces about 110ps stock which is a big jump! But he didn’t end there with the car. He has been “FF-Drifting” for quite a long time which is something that doesn’t really happen in the U.S. unless it’s a kid in a civic doing donuts in the snow or ice covered parking lot. He takes it serious yet always has fun.
Let’s get on to the build!
Engine Bay/Drive Train:
– Provile “VETEC Master2” Exhaust Manifold
– Custom QUAD-throttle body/ITB setup
– Custom Center-Exit Exhaust Manifold
– Air suspension (Air Pressure：F 4.kg/cm R 3kg/cm)/Camber-Plate TopHats
– MOONEYES Grant Steering Wheel
– BRIDE ZETA3 Driver Seat
– BRIDE Euro Star Seat
– One-Off RagTop
– Wheels: Block B5 14inch 8J +25 (Squared)
– Tires: Pirelli DRAGON 155/55R14
Below is a photo of his old car as well as a video he was featured in!
Watch From 6:38 for car over-view and/or from 8:15 for drifting!
Photo Credit: Kentaro Kamiyoshi